Whether you are a professional dancer looking for an edge in the next audition, or a dance enthusiast who wants to learn from a pool of world-renowned choreographers, Peridance’s Online Workshops provide you with the tools vital for a successful dance career!
Monday, July 20th |
12:30 – 2:00pm
Wednesday, July 22nd |
12:30 – 2:00pm
Friday, July 24th |
12:30 – 2:00pm
Andrea Miller is the founder, Artistic Director and choreographer of Brooklyn-based company Gallim. She has established herself as a perpetually groundbreaking artist who brings unbridled empathy, intimacy, and sensitivity to her work. A sought-after creator and collaborator in dance, art, film, theater, tech, and fashion, Miller was named 2017/2018 Artist in Residence at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, becoming the first choreographer to hold that distinction. Miller’s highly acclaimed works and commissions have been performed worldwide including The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Frieze Festival, Art Basel, Lincoln Center, The Kennedy Center, BAM Next Wave, The Joyce, Jacob’s Pillow, Spoleto USA, Theatre National de Chaillot, Grec Festival de Barcelona, The Grand Theatre de la Ville de Luxembourg, Theaterhaus Stuttgart, and Canal Madrid among others. Recent Commissions include Guggenheim Works & Process, Rambert2, Martha Graham, Alvin Ailey II, Pennsylvania Ballet, NDT2, Bern Ballet, Atlanta Ballet, A.I.M, The Juilliard School, Ballet Hispanico, Grace Farms, Noord Nederlands Dans. Film Credits include The Death and Life of John F. Donovan (2018), directed by Xavier Dolan and In this Life starring Robbie Fairchild.Collaborations in Fashion include Hermès, VOGUE, Lacoste, and Calvin Klein. Additional awards and honors include: Guggenheim Fellowship, Sadler’s Wells Jerwood Fellowships, Princess Grace Foundation Fellowship in Choreography, Special Projects Awards and Works in Progress Award, New York City Center Choreography Fellowship, Joyce Theater Artist in Residence. Miller’s educational programming is run from Gallim’s Brooklyn home studio and has been brought to Universities and educational centers across the US, including Harvard, Juilliard, Barnard, NYU, Marymount, Wesleyan, UCSB, among others. Currently Gallim is running classes and programming virtually www.gallim.org
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Download Zoom for either your mobile device or desktop prior to the start of your first class. You do not need to create a Zoom login or account to take our livestream classes.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip!
- The Sessions are for Ages 17+. We also have summer sessions for Children & Teens, Global Summer Dance.
- Ensure live-stream links arrive in the inbox (Gmail) *Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email
- Your live-stream link can only be used once, so please do not share with other students!
- Arrive 10 min before class starts to make sure there are no technical issues. Our staff will be present to help with any technical difficulties.
- Once you enter the class waiting room, at the start of class, you will be added to the virtual class via Zoom where you’ll see the faculty member, as well as other members of the class.
- Your previous Peridance class card series will not be valid on livestream classes. Once we reopen, all class series will be extended.
- All classes are in Eastern Standard Time for New York, USA (EST), Coordinated Universal Time (UTC -4:00).
*We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream your favorite classes so that you can stay active and connected during this uncertain time.
* Non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be shared
TIPS FOR ZOOM
- Once the class begins, the teacher will automatically mute everyone to ensure that the video footage stays on the teacher. It is helpful if you can double-check this by looking in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- You can unmute yourself if the teacher initiates conversation. Otherwise, all communications should come via the ‘chat’ feature during class.
- If you find your live streaming lagging, you may turn off your camera to speed up your internet. Your name will still appear and you will still be able to be a participant in the class.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
- If you cancel your class online up to 2 hours before class start time, your class will be credited back to your account to use at a later time.
- If you cancel your class online within 2 hours of class start time, your spot will be forfeited and you will lose the class.
- There are NO refunds or exchanges for the Sessions Workshops.
MAKEUP POLICY DUE TO INTERNET ISSUES
- Internet Issues on Peridance Side: if the teacher or host drops out due to internet connectivity issues more than twice and cannot make up time by adding additional time at the end of the class, a credit will be awarded for that single class to your MindBody account for you to use at a later date.
- Internet Issues on the student side (your side): if you have signed up and paid for a class and cannot attend due to bad internet connection, we will retain a credit for you for that class. If your internet drops during a class more than twice and you cannot complete class, please notify us at email@example.com and we will determine to retain you a class credit based on our class administrators report.