Whether you are a professional dancer looking for an edge in the next audition, or a dance enthusiast who wants to learn from a pool of world-renowned choreographers, Peridance’s Online Workshops provide you with the tools vital for a successful dance career!
Pop-Up with Peridance for special 1 hour 30 min classes featuring new choreography and themed classes by some of our favorite master teachers.
Each class has been curated and created to offer a unique experience to each student. Pop-Up classes are offered for a limited time only. Don’t miss the opportunity to train with your favorite artists!
Pop-Up Masterclass Series
Saturday, December 5th |
2 – 3:30 pm EST
Josh is a New York City based choreographer, performer and educator. His work has spanned across every area of the entertainment industry including Broadway, National Tours, fashion, film, and television. He has worked in major venues worldwide including United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe
Choreographic credits include New York Fashion Week, Audi, Celebrity Cruise Lines, Modos Furniture as well as regional productions of Mary Poppins, Cinderella, Will Rogers Follies, Newsies and the world premiere of Medicine the Musical, which ran in New York City, Off-Broadway. He was the associate choreographer for the Saturday Night Fever National Tour as well as the Canadian Premier of Newsies at Drayton Entrainment. This fall he will be choreographing The Sound Of Music which will play both the Royal MTC as well as The Citadel Theater.
As a performer, favorite credits include Neleus in Disney’s Mary Poppins on Broadway as well as the 1st National Tour, Disney’s Newsies 1st National Tour (asst. Dance Captain), Baby John in West Side Story at the Stratford Festival, Wizard Of Oz National Tour. He has appeared on NBC’s Saturday Night Live with Jimmy Fallon as well as ABC’s The Chew.
Josh has been featured in Dance Spirit Magazine, Dance Canada Quarterly, Industry Dance Magazine and Dance Plug Los Angeles. He has taught at Edge Performing Arts Center and is currently on faculty at the Broadway Dance Center in New York City where he has been a guest choreographer for many of their events.
Tuesday, December 8th |
1 – 3:30 pm EST
Join Christie Partelow and Gregory Lau in a special two and a half hour Intensive: two world renowned artists melding their practices together across the world, from Holland to New York City. The workshop will deepen the mental and physical relationship through meditation, improvisation, and a culminating creative process of contemporary phrase work.
The class will begin with Somatic Meditation, which connects to the body as the foundation, the path, and the fruition of one’s practice. Traditionally found in the more esoteric traditions of Asia, Somatic Meditation provides a foundation into understanding the language of one’s Soma. Soma is not just one’s physical body, but the entire neurological network within. The practice will deepen one’s relationship to tension and awareness- diving into one’s soma through meditation to unlock deep physical and neurological tensions to arrive at a clear state of embodiment.
Following the meditation, the class will move into preparing the body through pilates-based functional and healthy patterning to create a malleable structure of one’s system. Linking the mental and physical to be able to come into activation, embodying a deep level of trust in the capacity for freedom.
This Intensive will culminate in a creative process with phrase work that generates itself from imagery while maintaining an individual channel for expression, utilizing poetic language to engage in a multitude of impulses.
Only 25 spots available! Register by December 4th for a discounted $17 rate!
Gregory Lau was born in Honolulu, Hawaii where he began his training at Mid-Pacific Institute School of the Arts. After attending The Juilliard School, Gregory joined Nederlands Dans Theater 2 in 2013 and then went on to join Nederlands Dans Theater 1 in 2016. He has been a recipient of the National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts 1st Level Scholarship in Modern Dance and Ballet. He has worked with choreographers such as Jiri Kylian, Crystal Pite, Ohad Naharin, Sharon Eyal, Marco Goecke, Paul Lightfoot & Sol Leon, Hans Van Manen, Johan Inger, Edward Clug, Medhi Walerski, Alexander Ekman, Camille A.Brown and more. Gregory joined Kidd Pivot in 2019.
Christie Partelow, born and raised in New York, is currently a freelance performing artist based in the Netherlands, previously with Netherlands Dans Theatre (‘17-‘19) performing in works of Ohad Naharin, Marco Goecke, Lightfoot León, and Edward Clug. As a freelancer, Christie has performed multiple times in programs at Korzo Theatre, a solo performance for Fringe Festival 2018, as opening for Armin Van Buren at KLMs 100 Anniversary party, as well as collaborating with filmmakers choreographing dance films. Prior, Christie danced with Les Grands Ballets Canadiens (‘13-‘17) in Montreal, Quebec under the direction of Gradimir Pankov, where she performed roles such as as Juliette in Jean Christophe Maillot’s ‘Romeo and Juliette’, Lena in Christian Spuck’s ‘Leonce & Lena’, various works of Ohad Naharin, Mats Ek, Jiri Kylian, as well as creations with Stephan Thoss and Stijn Cellis. While in Montreal, she also trained briefly with Victor Quijada in his well developed method used by Rubberband Dance Group and created and performed with Skeelsdanse. Prior to Les Grands Ballets, she toured internationally with ‘West Side Story’ the musical in the role of Anybodys, during which she also instructed the company’s ballet classes. Christie began her career creating and performing with Complexions Contemporary Ballet under Dwight Rhoden and Desmond Richardson in NYC for 5 years, and, prior to that, as an apprentice for North Carolina Dance Theatre under Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux and Patricia McBride, some of the highlight performances being Balanchine’s ‘Serenade’ and ‘Rubies’ with the company.
Christie’s training and early performing began in musical theatre and drama as an actress, and later in pre-professional years, specified in classical ballet and contemporary dance from The School at Steps on Broadway, Boston Ballet School, The French Academie of Ballet, ABT summer Intensive’s, NDT summer intensive, and Springboard summer intensive where she worked on Forsythe improvisation techniques with Christopher Roman.
Ms. Partelow teaches classical ballet as well as contemporary, improvisation and choreographic workshops for Nederlands Dans Theatre, Moving Forward Dallas, Dance Industry, past Summer Intensives with Complexions and The Funktion Dance Complex, and has been a year-round ballet and pointe faculty member for Peridance’s Certificate Program, as well as a private and open class dance instructor and substitute for all ages. In addition, Christie is Artistic Partner at an up and coming multi disciplinary artistic space called De Studio Rotterdam.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Download Zoom for either your mobile device or desktop prior to the start of your first class. You do not need to create a Zoom login or account to take our livestream classes.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip!
- Ensure live-stream links arrive in the inbox (Gmail) *Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email
- Your live-stream link can only be used once, so please do not share with other students!
- Arrive 10 min before class starts to make sure there are no technical issues. Our staff will be present to help with any technical difficulties.
- Once you enter the class waiting room, at the start of class, you will be added to the virtual class via Zoom where you’ll see the faculty member, as well as other members of the class.
- Your previous Peridance class card series will not be valid on livestream classes. Once we reopen, all class series will be extended.
- All classes are in Eastern Standard Time for New York, USA (EST), Coordinated Universal Time (UTC -4:00).
*We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream your favorite classes so that you can stay active and connected during this uncertain time.
* Non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be shared
TIPS FOR ZOOM
- Once the class begins, the teacher will automatically mute everyone to ensure that the video footage stays on the teacher. It is helpful if you can double-check this by looking in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- You can unmute yourself if the teacher initiates conversation. Otherwise, all communications should come via the ‘chat’ feature during class.
- If you find your live streaming lagging, you may turn off your camera to speed up your internet. Your name will still appear and you will still be able to be a participant in the class.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
- If you cancel your class online up to 2 hours before class start time, your class will be credited back to your account to use at a later time.
- If you cancel your class online within 2 hours of class start time, your spot will be forfeited and you will lose the class.
- There are NO refunds or exchanges for the Pop-Up Masterclasses.
MAKEUP POLICY DUE TO INTERNET ISSUES
- Internet Issues on Peridance Side: if the teacher or host drops out due to internet connectivity issues more than twice and cannot make up time by adding additional time at the end of the class, a credit will be awarded for that single class to your MindBody account for you to use at a later date.
- Internet Issues on the student side (your side): if you have signed up and paid for a class and cannot attend due to bad internet connection, we will retain a credit for you for that class. If your internet drops during a class more than twice and you cannot complete class, please notify us at email@example.com and we will determine to retain you a class credit based on our class administrators report.