Whether you are a professional dancer looking for an edge in the next audition, or a dance enthusiast who wants to learn from a pool of world-renowned choreographers, Peridance’s Online Workshops provide you with the tools vital for a successful dance career!
Pop-Up with Peridance for special 1 hour 30 min classes featuring new choreography and themed classes by some of our favorite master teachers.
Each class has been curated and created to offer a unique experience to each student. Pop-Up classes are offered for a limited time only. Don’t miss the opportunity to train with your favorite artists!
$15 Online Masterclass.
Pop-Up Masterclass Series
11:30 – 12:45 pm EST | 8:30 – 9:45 am PST
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Online Class Cards Purchased between May-August 2020 will be honored through their expiration date.
- Download Zoom for either your mobile device or desktop prior to the start of your first class. You do not need to create a Zoom login or account to take our livestream classes.
- Enrollment opens ten (10) days before class start date, and closes ten (10) minutes before class starts.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip.
- Online Classes are for Ages 13+. We also have summer sessions for Children & Teens.
- Ensure live-stream links arrive in the inbox (Gmail) *Make sure to add email@example.com to your email
- Your live-stream link can only be used once, so please do not share with other students. If two students are sharing a camera, verification that each student purchased a class will be required.
- Arrive ten (10) min before class starts to make sure there are no technical issues. Our staff will be present to help with any technical difficulties.
- Once you enter the class waiting room, at the start of class, you will be added to the virtual class via Zoom where you’ll see the faculty member, as well as other members of the class.
- Your previous Peridance class card series will not be valid on livestream classes.
- All classes are in Eastern Standard Time for New York, USA (EST), Coordinated Universal Time (UTC -4:00).
*We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream your favorite classes so that you can stay active and connected during this uncertain time.
* Non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be shared
TIPS FOR ZOOM
- Once the class begins, the teacher will automatically mute everyone to ensure that the video footage stays on the teacher. It is helpful if you can double-check this by looking in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- You can unmute yourself if the teacher initiates conversation. Otherwise, all communications should come via the ‘chat’ feature during class.
- If you find your live streaming lagging, you may turn off your camera to speed up your internet. Your name will still appear and you will still be able to be a participant in the class.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
- If you cancel your class online up to 2 hours before class start time, your class will be credited back to your account to use at a later time.
- If you cancel your class online within 2 hours of class start time, your spot will be forfeited and you will lose the class.
- There are NO refunds or exchanges for the Pop-Up Masterclasses.
- Should there be a problem with a credit card charge, please contact the front desk prior to self-canceling the purchase. Additional fees and/or block on your account may occur if you self-cancel a duplicate charge or error to the charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MAKEUP POLICY DUE TO INTERNET ISSUES
- Internet Issues on Peridance Side: if the teacher or host drops out due to internet connectivity issues more than twice and cannot make up time by adding additional time at the end of the class, a credit will be awarded for that single class to your MindBody account for you to use at a later date.
- Internet Issues on the student side (your side): if you have signed up and paid for a class and cannot attend due to bad internet connection, we will retain a credit for you for that class. If your internet drops during a class more than twice and you cannot complete class, please notify us at email@example.com and we will determine to retain you a class credit based on our class administrators report.
Saturday, February 20th
4:30 – 6 pm EST
1:30 – 3 pm PST
Mike Tyus is a dancer, choreographer, and creative director from Los Angeles California. He has been performing and creating dance for the stage, print, and screen for over 15 years. Tyus has created branded campaigns for companies such as Vaara and Veuve Clicquot. He has worked with Cirque Du Soleil, Pilobolus Dance Theater, Sidi Larbi Cherkoui, Sia, Whim Whim Contemporary Dance, W Magazine, The Broad Museum and Jacob Jonas The Company. His print work has been featured in Vogue Italia and LALA Magazine. Community and Creation are at the core of Tyus’ mission and continue to drive his efforts in crafting work that feeds the human spirit and reflects the times in which we live.