Whether you are a professional dancer looking for an edge in the next audition, or a dance enthusiast who wants to learn from a pool of world-renowned choreographers, Peridance’s Online Workshops provide you with the tools vital for a successful dance career!
Global Spotlight classes are offered in a wide variety of styles and levels to suit our dancers around the world. Stay tuned for Global Spotlight offerings as we release more information about the artists and their class times. Join us and connect within Peridance’s online global dance network!
Global Spotlight Series
Saturday, February 6th
12 – 1:15 pm EST | 9 – 10:15 am PST | 6 – 7:15 pm CET
Julia teaches a contemporary class that utilities spinal articulations and release techniques, and to find an organic way of moving and at the same time challenge the dancers technique and to find maximum range of movement. It starts with a set technical warm up with elements of floor work, stretch and strength. The warmup flows thru for 45min and then will work on a phrase for the rest of the class. A big focus is for the dancers to find their own interpretation and flow of the movement- to make it feel natural in your body.
Julia Ehrstrand graduated with a Bachelors Degree in dance/teaching from DOCH/University of Circus and Dance (Stockholm), She has also studied at Institut del Teatro (Barcelona) and graduated from the ISVP program at DNA in 2009. She has danced for TNSP, Jana Hicks/Marijke Eliasberg, Max Stone, SexyBeastNYC, Carrasco Dance Company, Lane Co Arts and Collective Noir, among others. Her choreography has been presented in various stages in NYC, Europe and Asia. She has taught at The Juilliard School in NYC, Steps on Broadway, Broadway Dance Center, Gibney Dance Studio, Peridance Capezio Center, company classes for The Jose Limon Dance Company, The Royal Swedish Ballet School in Stockholm, DOCH University of Dance and Circus (Stockholm), Balettakademien (Stockholm), Daily Professional Classes for Danscentrum (Stockholm), Amsterdam School of the Arts (Amsterdam), UiS/ University in Stavanger and at PRODA (Norway), the Joffrey Ballet Summer Intensive, Ballet Hispanico and SUNY Purchase among other. Julia was also selected to show her work at Bryant Park Contemporary Dance Festival in NYC 2018 and FIDCDMX in Mexico City. Since 2018 she started EDC/ Ehrstrand Dance Collective ( a international dance community ) with recent performances in NYC, Mexico City, Tokyo and Taiwan. Julia is currently traveling throughout the world to teach workshops, classes and choreographing commissioned work and new work (but now based in Sweden during Covid-19).
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Online Class Cards Purchased between May-August 2020 will be honored through their expiration date.
- Download Zoom for either your mobile device or desktop prior to the start of your first class. You do not need to create a Zoom login or account to take our livestream classes.
- Enrollment opens ten (10) days before class start date, and closes ten (10) minutes before class starts.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip.
- Online Classes are for Ages 13+. We also have summer sessions for Children & Teens.
- Ensure live-stream links arrive in the inbox (Gmail) *Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email
- Your live-stream link can only be used once, so please do not share with other students. If two students are sharing a camera, verification that each student purchased a class will be required.
- Arrive ten (10) min before class starts to make sure there are no technical issues. Our staff will be present to help with any technical difficulties.
- Once you enter the class waiting room, at the start of class, you will be added to the virtual class via Zoom where you’ll see the faculty member, as well as other members of the class.
- Your previous Peridance class card series will not be valid on livestream classes.
- All classes are in Eastern Standard Time for New York, USA (EST), Coordinated Universal Time (UTC -4:00).
*We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream your favorite classes so that you can stay active and connected during this uncertain time.
* Non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be shared
TIPS FOR ZOOM
- Once the class begins, the teacher will automatically mute everyone to ensure that the video footage stays on the teacher. It is helpful if you can double-check this by looking in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- You can unmute yourself if the teacher initiates conversation. Otherwise, all communications should come via the ‘chat’ feature during class.
- If you find your live streaming lagging, you may turn off your camera to speed up your internet. Your name will still appear and you will still be able to be a participant in the class.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
- If you cancel your class online up to 2 hours before class start time, your class will be credited back to your account to use at a later time.
- If you cancel your class online within 2 hours of class start time, your spot will be forfeited and you will lose the class.
- There are NO refunds or exchanges for the Global Spotlight Workshops.
MAKEUP POLICY DUE TO INTERNET ISSUES
- Internet Issues on Peridance Side: if the teacher or host drops out due to internet connectivity issues more than twice and cannot make up time by adding additional time at the end of the class, a credit will be awarded for that single class to your MindBody account for you to use at a later date.
- Internet Issues on the student side (your side): if you have signed up and paid for a class and cannot attend due to bad internet connection, we will retain a credit for you for that class. If your internet drops during a class more than twice and you cannot complete class, please notify us at email@example.com and we will determine to retain you a class credit based on our class administrators report.