A masterclass series of New York to Los Angeles‘s Finest!
Join Peridance as we travel Coast2Coast to bring you the finest choreographers from LA to NYC. The 1 hour 15 min workshops feature a diverse offering of styles from Jazz to Hip Hop to Contemporary.
Levels vary by choreographer and space is limited in each class. Sign up early to reserve your spot! Be on the lookout for special Coast2Coast classes created in collaboration with various talent agencies located on both coasts!
$15 Online Masterclass.
Thursday, January 21st
4:00 – 5:15pm EST
1:00 – 2:15pm PST
Ms. Mc Donald’s Broadway credits include Purlie, Two Gentleman of Verona, and she was a featured dancer in both The Wiz and Duke Ellington’s Sophisticated Ladies. Choreography credits, Voices, Sing Out Sweet Gospel, and Show Girls for which she received an N.A.A.C.P. Image Award for “ Best Choreographer.’’ Assistant Director credits: Bigger Than Bubble Gum at the Pasadena Playhouse, Don’t Bother Me I Can’t Cope (remounted in Los Angeles, Jezebel and the Hot Chocolate Nutcracker. She received the Lester Horton Award for “Excellence in Teaching” an N.A.A.C.P. Image Award for best choreographer for Show Girls Karen has appeared on stage and screen with Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson (Thriller) Diane Reeve, Debbie Allen and Beyonce Knowles. She was a model spokes person for Beyonce’s clothing line, Ivy Park for the 2017-18 season and is currently a model for the clothing line Athleta and Kenzo for their 2018-19 season. Ms. McDonald has been on faculty at Dorsey High School, Hamilton Music Academy, El Camino College, California Institute of the Arts, UCLA, Loyola Marymount and Santa Monica College. Ms. McDonald joined the Debbie Allen Dance Academy in 2000 and is currently the Academy Director.
Wednesday, January 27th
4:00 – 5:15pm EST
1:00 – 2:15pm PST
Genevieve Carson is a Los Angeles-based choreographer, director, dancer, and educator. She held the Artistic Directorship of L.A. Contemporary Dance Company from 2016-2020, and she is looking forward to developing work as an independent artist heading into the new year. Genevieve’s work is focused on the human condition, examining the endless possibilities that exist when we connect with ourselves, our spaces and one another. With a strong belief in the beauty of imperfection, she highlights and uplifts the humanity of each artist she works with. Through approaching dancers as unique individuals in process, she aims to expose the distinctive vulnerabilities, quirks, and beautiful idiosyncrasies that each performer possesses, while challenging them and pushing them out of their comfort zones. Genevieve’s work has spanned across North America, the Philippines, Argentina, Sweden, and New Zealand. Her concert work has been commissioned by a myriad of presenters across the globe, including US Embassies of Buenos Aires and Auckland, UC Santa Barbara, ODC Theater, Luckman Arts Complex, Laguna Dance Festival, Musco Center for the Arts, Houston METDance, The Orpheus Project, and more. Her award-winning dance film work has been screened at festivals worldwide, including the Cannes Film Festival. Commercial collaborations include Foster the People, Vitamin String Quartet, LUNYA, Hikvision USA, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Superbowl XLIX, Adult Swim, and Comedy Central. Additional credits: the Emmys, Samsung, BENCH, CottonOn, TEDx, and music videos for Blood Orange, Sulli, Active Child, and Justin Bieber. Genevieve has been a guest artist at Cal Arts, Cal State Long Beach, Chapman University, University of Auckland, and the University of the Philippines. She is also on faculty at AMDA, where she teaches an array of classes and directs concerts. Genevieve graduated cum laude with a BFA in Dance Performance from Chapman University.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Online Class Cards Purchased between May-August 2020 will be honored through their expiration date.
- Download Zoom for either your mobile device or desktop prior to the start of your first class. You do not need to create a Zoom login or account to take our livestream classes.
- Enrollment opens ten (10) days before class start date, and closes ten (10) minutes before class starts.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip.
- Online Classes are for Ages 13+. We also have summer sessions for Children & Teens.
- Ensure live-stream links arrive in the inbox (Gmail) *Make sure to add email@example.com to your email
- Your live-stream link can only be used once, so please do not share with other students. If two students are sharing a camera, verification that each student purchased a class will be required.
- Arrive ten (10) min before class starts to make sure there are no technical issues. Our staff will be present to help with any technical difficulties.
- Once you enter the class waiting room, at the start of class, you will be added to the virtual class via Zoom where you’ll see the faculty member, as well as other members of the class.
- Your previous Peridance class card series will not be valid on livestream classes.
- All classes are in Eastern Standard Time for New York, USA (EST), Coordinated Universal Time (UTC -4:00).
*We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream your favorite classes so that you can stay active and connected during this uncertain time.
* Non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be shared
TIPS FOR ZOOM
- Once the class begins, the teacher will automatically mute everyone to ensure that the video footage stays on the teacher. It is helpful if you can double-check this by looking in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- You can unmute yourself if the teacher initiates conversation. Otherwise, all communications should come via the ‘chat’ feature during class.
- If you find your live streaming lagging, you may turn off your camera to speed up your internet. Your name will still appear and you will still be able to be a participant in the class.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
- If you cancel your class online up to 2 hours before class start time, your class will be credited back to your account to use at a later time.
- If you cancel your class online within 2 hours of class start time, your spot will be forfeited and you will lose the class.
- There are NO refunds or exchanges for the Coast2Coast Workshops.
MAKEUP POLICY DUE TO INTERNET ISSUES
- Internet Issues on Peridance Side: if the teacher or host drops out due to internet connectivity issues more than twice and cannot make up time by adding additional time at the end of the class, a credit will be awarded for that single class to your MindBody account for you to use at a later date.
- Internet Issues on the student side (your side): if you have signed up and paid for a class and cannot attend due to bad internet connection, we will retain a credit for you for that class. If your internet drops during a class more than twice and you cannot complete class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will determine to retain you a class credit based on our class administrators report.