Whether you are a professional dancer looking for an edge in the next audition, or a dance enthusiast who wants to learn from a pool of world-renowned choreographers, Peridance’s Online Classes provide you with the tools vital for a successful dance career!
Tomoe Carr | Foundations of Hip Hop
Martha Chapman | Ballet
Martha is a popular teacher at Peridance with over 20 years of experience teaching dancers of all levels. She believes that anyone can dance! Ballet vocabulary is the “alphabet” of Western dance genres, and this 4-session workshop prepares students to join beginning ballet, modern or contemporary dance classes with greater ease. Each session will teach and review basic ballet barre work and focus on a different aspect of center floor ballet vocabulary. Dance in your living room – and get ready for the studio!
Korie Genius | Dancehall
Julia Gleich | Ballet
Ahtoy Juliana / BAILA Society | Latin Groove
Ahtoy has designed this class to provide a fun introduction to New York Style Salsa through learning the interconnected rhythms and techniques of various Latino dance traditions. She will combine key elements of Salsa, Timba, Bachata, Merengue, and Afro-Cuban dance to teach beginners how to groove to today’s popular music. Meanwhile, you will pick up details about how to improve your body movement, alignment, articulation, and most importantly, how to develop your own style. Even though we can’t yet do partnerwork together, Ahtoy will provide a technical foundation for students who want to eventually learn New York Style Salsa partnerwork with BAILA Society at a higher level. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our Salsa community! Let’s groove!
Yuka Kawazu | Ballet
Sun Kim | Popping
Sun’s class is all about foundations, basics and different styles in popping. The class starts with isolation warmups and dynamic stretching. After that she goes over how to pop properly first then focus on styles and techniques to train for freestyle and a short choreography of the day.
Anabella Lenzu | Barre a Terre
LuAnn Leonard | Zena Rommett Floor-Barre®
Mark Willis | Limón Technique
Marisa Martin | Yoga
Elisabetta Minutoli | Contemporary
Naoko Moriyama Robbins | Gyrokinesis®
Preston Mui | dance.U
Join Preston Mui every Monday and feed your soul with dance! This 1 hour 15 min dance fitness class is built for all bodies at all levels. Get your body moving and grooving with a pilates and yoga-inspired warm-up followed by a choreographed dance routine each week. dance.U is just for yoU, a space to move, sweat, and dance your truth.
You do not need prior dance experience to join the fun! If you’ve never danced before, you will learn something new and push your own personal boundaries without feeling defeated, and if you are a seasoned dancer, you will find your space to explore at your own pace.
Join Preston and fall in love with dance!
Troy Ogilvie | Emergent Improvisation
Caterina Rago | Graham
Rokafella | Classic Hip Hop
Sue Samuels | Broadway Jazz
Sue’s classical jazz style emphasizes strong and proper body alignment and clean technique through placement stretch and strength exercises during a jazz barre warm-up. The floor exercises are accompanied by live percussion on Conga Drum. The class continues with jazz isolations and across the floor work on turns, kicks and jumps. With an emphasis on musicality and creating an overall visual picture, the class culminates in a choreographed combination to contemporary dance music, which gets the students dancing and having fun!
Strong technical and theatrical training for Broadway and for dance company work.
Sekou | House
Kathy Sullivan | Ballet
Dianna Warren | Ballet
Omari Wiles | Afrobeat
Ejoe Wilson | House
A slow groove oriented house dance class. Lessons are taught to classic House/Pop/Soul music and will speed up gradually to faster tempo while adding different styles of movement to the house dance form. This is an introduction to basic house steps and movement.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Online Class Cards Purchased between May-August 2020 will be honored through their expiration date.
- Download Zoom for either your mobile device or desktop prior to the start of your first class. You do not need to create a Zoom login or account to take our livestream classes.
- Enrollment opens ten (10) days before class start date, and closes ten (10) minutes before class starts.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip.
- Online Classes are for Ages 13+. We also have summer sessions for Children & Teens.
- Ensure live-stream links arrive in the inbox (Gmail) *Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email
- Your live-stream link can only be used once, so please do not share with other students. If two students are sharing a camera, verification that each student purchased a class will be required.
- Arrive ten (10) min before class starts to make sure there are no technical issues. Our staff will be present to help with any technical difficulties.
- Once you enter the class waiting room, at the start of class, you will be added to the virtual class via Zoom where you’ll see the faculty member, as well as other members of the class.
- Your previous Peridance class card series will not be valid on livestream classes.
- All classes are in Eastern Standard Time for New York, USA (EST), Coordinated Universal Time (UTC -4:00).
*We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream your favorite classes so that you can stay active and connected during this uncertain time.
* Non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be shared
TIPS FOR ZOOM
- Once the class begins, the teacher will automatically mute everyone to ensure that the video footage stays on the teacher. It is helpful if you can double-check this by looking in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- You can unmute yourself if the teacher initiates conversation. Otherwise, all communications should come via the ‘chat’ feature during class.
- If you find your live streaming lagging, you may turn off your camera to speed up your internet. Your name will still appear and you will still be able to be a participant in the class.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
- If you cancel your class online up to 2 hours before class start time, your class will be credited back to your account to use at a later time.
- If you cancel your class online within 2 hours of class start time, your spot will be forfeited and you will lose the class.
- There are NO refunds or exchanges for the Absolute Beginner Workshops.
MAKEUP POLICY DUE TO INTERNET ISSUES
- Internet Issues on Peridance Side: if the teacher or host drops out due to internet connectivity issues more than twice and cannot make up time by adding additional time at the end of the class, a credit will be awarded for that single class to your MindBody account for you to use at a later date.
- Internet Issues on the student side (your side): if you have signed up and paid for a class and cannot attend due to bad internet connection, we will retain a credit for you for that class. If your internet drops during a class more than twice and you cannot complete class, please notify us at email@example.com and we will determine to retain you a class credit based on our class administrators report.